Date and Location
June 16-22 (Saturday-Friday), 2007 at the Edgewater Hotel, Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
This year the PacNOG meeting includes:
- Saturday, June 16: Half day of conference including case
studies and general discussion.
- Sunday, June 17: Half day of clinics, followed by half day
of conference covering operational issues and international reports.
- Monday-Friday, June 18-22: Five days of workshop covering
Linux, security, DNS, networking, IPv4 and IPv6, routing, network
monitoring and VoIP.
Detailed meeting outline: with links to materials.
If you plan on attending the PacNOG3 meeting please fill in the Online
Registration Form at your earliest convenience.
Members of the Internet Operations community in the Pacific
are elligible for funding support to attend PacNOG 3. For full
information and the application form for fellowship funding please
read the PacNOG 3 Fellowship Funding
Page. Application Deadline is Monday, May 14 2007.
- To provide a venue for service providers in the Pacific Network
community to meet and discuss current issues as well as receive technical
- To build relationships among individual and institutional contacts
in the Pacific region. A key outcome of the workshop and meetings will
be the building of relationships with peers/colleagues in the region
and among the instructors and presenters.
- Attendees may present their current country network situations as
well as discuss this among everyone present.
Training and discussion topics include:
- Dealing with spam
- Bandwidth management
- Wireless networking
- Open Source Systems training.
- Network and systems security.
- Good design practices for scalable solutions.
- Network monitoring.
- Best practices for routing design.
- Introduction to IPv6
- Routing (eBGP and introduction to iBGP).
- And more...
The Edgewater Resort & Spa in
Rarotonga, Cook Islands has a special conference rate of NZD $145/night
for a Garden Room. If you are participating in the PacNOG meeting you
can quote the Reference Number "PACNOG" to the hotel to receive this
rate. Please see the hotel's web site or use email for more information:
Web site: www.edgewater.co.ck
There are several alternative hotels available. Before making travel
arrangements we strongly recommend that you read through the Detailed Participant
Information available in PDF format.
If you have additional questions you can contact the PITA Manager at
PacNOG3 Workshop and Meeting Photos